1) I mail or email information to anyone inquiring about the purchase of one of my dogs. An Application needs to be filled out in order for me to properly pinpoint the type of puppy or dog a person is seeking. This is done by either calling me and I take the information or you can download the pdf. file, fill it out, and either email it to me or fax it to me. All the information needed is on the Contact Us page. The applications help in organizing all pertinent information like AKC paperwork and to check references. References are checked in order to ensure the safety and well being of my pups or french bulldogs.
2) When I receive an Application that has been filled out and all information studied; I then send pictures of available pups or dogs that are or will be ready for placement in a new home.
3) If I do not have any available pups or dogs, I may refer you to a breeder who may be able to help you. Or, when a litter is born, I will mail or email out pictures and announcements to those on my waiting list. I do NOT require a deposit to be on my waiting list as some breeders do.
4) When the litter is 5 to 6 weeks old, I have had numerous conversations with interested people and at 6 to 7 weeks, I will send out more detailed information on the litter. I will also send 2 copies of my Purchase Agreement. Both copies will be signed by myself. One is sent back to me with a deposit of $500.00. (Personal check is fine.) If for any reason the puppy does not check out to my satisfaction on their 8 week exam, this deposit will be returned to you. However, if you decide not to take the puppy or dog, then you forfeit the deposit. This is because we have invested a lot of time and money into your pup and we may have passed by several good homes.
5) When puppy has been weaned, I start paper training and socialization skills. I will try and train them to want to sleep in clean beds as early as possible. They usually do not potty in their beds by the time they are 4 to 5 weeks old.
6) At 8 weeks, puppy’s hearts, palates, nares, trachea, lungs, eyes, ears and patellas are examined by my vet. I do not x-ray puppies due to several vets telling me it would be pointless at their young age.
7) Puppies will have received holistic care and be found healthy from our vet. Depending on age of puppy or dog, heartworm prevention may be started holistically. You will be responsible for following up with protection procedures as per our Purchase Agreement.
8) NOTE: The puppy will be registered in purchaser’s name. The balance due will be paid and cleared before puppy or dog is released to the new family. Keep in mind that checks can take up to 2 weeks to clear. If you want to pay through Pay Pal, then the fees for doing so will be added to purchase price.
9) We encourage people to visit our home if they have not been here earlier, to pick up their pups or dogs. This will allow you to see first hand how well we keep our Frenchies. It will also allow us to visit and answer any questions you may have. Little tips come up in these visits. I personally believe it is important for you to check out how a breeder keeps their dogs. You can see first hand the parents and get an idea of what your pup will be like as a “grown-up”.
10) We will meet people on the road somewhere safe when possible. This is NOT an added expense unless the distance is over 100 miles. Still, I encourage people to visit our home at least once. You should ALWAYS see where a puppy is raised. It will help you to make a good decision on your purchase. Some breeders do not want you to visit their home or kennel and will meet you anywhere to keep it from happening. BEWARE of such breeders!
11) We do fly pups after 10 weeks of age when weather permits. This cost depends on destination. I will contact you with the amount before purchase. Be prepared for up to $500.00 or more with this option. It could be less, I just do not know till I know where the puppy is going. This includes a traveling crate, health certificate and other items for the puppies comfort.
12) Our contract says a puppy will make a vet visit within 4 days of sale to confirm it was sound, healthy and acceptable at transfer. Documentation that we sold a healthy puppy is just good business practice.
We want to stay in touch! Anything we can do to help the puppy or dog settle down and have a long happy life with it’s new family…we will try our best to do. If for some reason a dog needs a new home, please contact us!!!! We love this breed and will do what we can to help them have safe loving permanent homes.